S.B. Patil Institute of Management, Pune Organizes: National Seminar on Innovation and Intellectual Property Rights
Pimpri Chinchwad Education Trust's
S.B. Patil Institute of Management, Pune
Organizing National Seminar on
Innovation and Intellectual Property Rights
Hybrid Mode: 9th to 10th February 2024; Venue: Seminar Hall, S.B. Patil IM, Pune, India
Conference URL: https://www.journalpressindia.com/website/sbpim-iipr2024
About the Seminar
Innovation was conceived by large corporations, mainly with the capacity for exploitation of new knowledge, to market scientific discovery by the late 1980s (Schot and Steinmueller, 2016). Recent understanding of innovation acknowledges the importance of capacity not just in formal research and development, but also in design, engineering, governance and entrepreneurship, and the relevance of innovation forms of organisation and social practise, as well as in technologies. In addition, innovation is seen as the result of a (difficult) learning process and interaction among a range of players. Freeman and Louca (2002) wrote "these are few difficulties to accept the vast technological Revolution even if they have contested the revolutionary character of the former waves of technological change." Increasing IPR numbers reflect the increase of intellectual property with diffusion efforts that depend on the data, channels and skills available. The foundation of innovation is inventions. A new solution to a technical problem is an invention and patent protection is possible. Inventors whose technologies truly are groundbreaking and commercially successful, patents protect the interests of inventors by ensuring that inventors can control their commercial use.
Objective of the Seminar
The objective of the seminar is to bring together senior academicians, professionals and young scholars to share a common platform for discussing the following opportunities.
- How is digital technology enabling innovation in India, and how does it affect the economy and ecosystems?
- How do firms in India organise themselves to create and deliver values to Indian market
- How do the Indian firms will bring the affordable products at low prices through innovations and patenting?
- How the Indian firms will Integrating country- and firm-level perspectives on intellectual property rights?
- What are the economic benefits of owning intellectual property rights by small businesses?
- How are firms managing the challenges associated with diversity, inclusion, and socio-economic mobility?
- What are the environmental, social and governance (ESG) challenges faced by firms in India, and how are firms developing ecosystems to overcome these grand challenges?
- How is the start-up ecosystem evolving in India, in light of the digital disruption and emerging ESG requirements in India? How are they different from traditional business forms (SMEs, MNEs, and business group affiliated firms) that have historically dominated the Indian economy?
About Pimpri Chinchwad Education Trust
Pimpri Chinchwad Education Trust (PCET) was established by Late Shri. Shankarrao Bajirao Patil in the year 1990 with a vision to provide value added educational platform to society in multiple dimensions right from Nursery to Doctoral programs in all professional streams enabling students to achieve freedom through Education.
About S.B. Patil Institute of Management, Pune
S. B. Patil Institute of Management (SBPIM) as one of the finest management institutions, nurtured and managed by Pimpri Chinchwad Education Trust, Pune, India. The Trust is a conglomerate of premier educational institutions, a centre of excellence in relentless pursuit of professional finesse that surpasses the highest standard, which has been in existence in the field of education since 1990. S. B. Patil Institute of Management (SBPIM) established in the year 2009. In a very short span of time, SBPIM has been accredited by NAAC and its MBA programme is accredited by NBA. The Institute is permanently affiliated to Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune and awarded a status of 2(f) and 12 (B) by University Grant Commission (UGC). The institute is ranked 98th by Times B-School Ranking 2022 and 153rd Rank by The Week – Best B-School Ranking 2020.
A Research Centre was established in the year 2012 at SBPIM with an objective of promoting a research culture among the faculty and students. The centre is an approved Ph.D. Research Centre in Management under the Savitribai Phule Pune University. At our Research Centre we offer Ph.D. in Financial Management, Human Resource Management, Marketing Management, Production Management and Organizational Management. At present, 38 students are doing their Ph.D. research work and 36 Ph.D. students have been awarded Ph.D. As quality initiative the institute publishes a bi annual research journal ‘Journal of Management and Administration Tomorrow (JOMAT)’ with ISSN. To provide the platforms to young researchers, academician and industry expert to put fort the ideas, concepts, practices, the institute had organized 10 research seminars in past as a part of continuous quality enhancement.